Saltwater Massage Studio Overview:
At Saltwater Massage Studio, we believe in the power of healing touch and the rejuvenating benefits of therapeutic massage. Nestled in the picturesque town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, our studio has earned recognition for its commitment to excellence and exceptional client experiences. We take pride in providing a serene and welcoming environment where our clients can escape the stresses of daily life and discover the transformative power of massage therapy.
The Studio Assistant team is essential to Saltwater Massage Studio and the overall customer experience. The Studio Assistants handle all appointment scheduling, customer service, greeting customers and handling payments. In this role, you are the first point of contact with new clients and must be able to connect easily with a variety of personalities, be organized and very detail oriented, and be an excellent team player with great communication. In addition, this position is responsible for many “behind-the-scenes” tasks such as doing laundry, tidying, and stocking supplies. This position is currently 15-24 hours per week, with one Saturday shift required from 2pm-8pm.
– Answer all incoming phone calls and emails during your shift and providing excellent customer service.
– Greet all clients arriving for appointments and provide them with intake paperwork, beverages and answering any questions prior to their session.
– Create a soothing, warm, calming environment by engaging with clients, being organized about communication, and speaking in a friendly yet calm manner.
– Wash, dry and fold all massage linens throughout the shift.
– Uphold the highest standards of ethical conduct, client confidentiality, and professionalism.
– Become informed about the full service menu and individual MTs to provide clients with assistance with choosing therapists and services at booking.
– Maintain cleanliness and hygiene in common areas, in particular the reception area and bathrooms.
– Collaborate with the team to provide outstanding customer service and promote the studio’s offerings.
– Communicate all customer service, facilities, and supplies issues to management in a timely manner.
– Be willing and able to ask great questions in order to learn and integrate new information.
– Engage with every member of the MT and Studio Assistant Team to contribute to a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
– Participate in Quarterly Team Meetings and stay up-to-date on all studio procedures.
– High School Diploma or GED
– 1 year of employment experience working in an office, spa, wellness, or restaurant providing customer service handling appointment or reservation scheduling.
– Experience using a variety of computer software and comfort learning new programs.
– Ability to multitask and remain calm in a busy environment.
– Dedication to providing exceptional client experiences and improving their overall well-being by being the first and last interaction with clients during their time at the studio.
– Ability to adapt to changing procedures when needed.
– A warm and friendly demeanor, fostering a positive and welcoming atmosphere.
– Ability to be self-directed in learning to integrate information received during training by completing tutorials on your own, asking questions, and reading information on our website during downtime.
– $17/hr plus 6 free massages as part of training + orientation.
– Paid Sick Time, 401k plan, and Massage + Product Discounts
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about helping others relax, heal, and rejuvenate, and you want to be a part of our award-winning team at Saltwater Massage Studio, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply below and we will follow up within 48 hours!